Through the years, we have observed several methods which help speakers get their message across the audience more effectively. Feel free to try one or all of these suggestions:
- Write a maximum of one clear idea or topic per slide;
- Make slides as concise as possible by keeping texts short and avoiding too many bullet points;
- Provide a new visual every minute;
- Try to avoid reading your slides and engage your audience by structuring your presentation with a "Proposal", your "Evidence", and "Call for action";
- Segment your presentation into tracks/themes;
- Break your presentation into a series of 3 to 4-minute segments alternating storytelling and learning.